The main challenge lay in creating a nutritious and tasty plant-based meat alternative that consumers would repeat purchase, while fulfilling all of the necessary claims that the brand requested. Such claims included grain-free, gluten-free, no artificial ingredients or sweeteners, plant-based, vegan, organic, and non-GMO.
- Foresight & Insight Analysis
- Proof of Concept, Formulation Design,
- Project Management Leadership and Prototype Development
Investigated future market trends and innovations, key players, main barriers to entry, and customer pain points to ensure the creation of long-term successful products in line with FDA approval processes. We coordinated, planned and led key project meetings, ensuring adherence to timelines and highlighting any risks and/or risk mitigation plans to multiple project stakeholders, all while ensuring the team was appropriately resourced to support project success during pre- and post-launch activities. We also oversaw the initial manufacturing handover and co-manufacturer vetting processes, in addition to implementing systems for quality assurance, product liability insurance, and third party audits. Additionally, responsibilities included an on-going review of deadlines and timelines, flagging any key issues / delays, and working with those accountable to ensure zero slippage on task achievement.
- Created a future market outlook based on a roadmap for alternative proteins towards 2030 and beyond, which allowed us to design an alternative protein value proposition to match target customers’ needs.
- Identified suitable plant-based ingredients, formulation recipes and relevant technology based on an analysis of trends and foresights which led to the achievement of an ideal formulation for both SKU’s, while meeting all of the nutritional and health claims as per the initial brief.
- Coordinated the sensory and organoleptic testing process as well as product usage tests with 250 users within the target audience segment to achieve key learnings for product improvement in the following phases.
- Conducted shelf-life testing and managed the regulatory review process alongside the management and successful achievement of FDA compliance and certification.