A new startup in the Irish and UK health and wellness space tasked inewtrition with investigating the potential market opportunity for a range of functional confectionery. The product would be based on a unique nutritional profile with a blend of bioactives that would position the brand as a differentiated challenger in their category.
This project was initiated shortly after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. This immediately presented challenges in the development and launch of a new product, due to constantly changing data, rules, regulations, and restrictions. We worked remotely via video sessions until the project was successfully completed, enabling the brand to get a head start in an extremely competitive category.
- Market and consumer research
- New product development planning
- Project management support
- Food science and nutritional expertise
- By using foresight analysis, in-depth product research, and market exploration, we established a deeper understanding of the future competitive market landscape, the positioning of key players, and factors that would affect future supply and demand.
- We validated their product idea and identified the correct bioactive ingredients, formulation, and technology to enhance bioavailability and develop the product’s unique selling points.
- We carried out innovation profiling at the prototyping stage, which helped us identify new business opportunities. We then established suitable contract manufacturers and partners for growth and full scale-up, to maximise the brand’s commercial value potential.
- Our approach of compliance by design allowed the brand to avail of all relevant nutritional and health claims in the UK.
- We provided an overview of the tender process, and the key requirements in the selection of packaging and label suppliers. This helped the company source and create sustainable packaging options that aligned with their values and future marketing strategy.